Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Some New Layouts and a Surprise!

Hey there!
Just thought I would take a minute to share one of my latest layouts. As for the surprise.... you'll have to stick around a bit to hear that.

One of this week's challenges over at Challenge Masters is to scrap things that you dislike. I had already created a layout in the past that features 100 things I dislike; I actually use that layout each year to inspire my art students as they create an "All About Me" art project.

I decided that I could use a sign for my classroom though, so I set about creating a list of things that the teacher in my doesn't like.

Here is the resulting page:



A few things about this page:
I made it 8 1/2 X 11, rather than my usual 12 X 12, so I can frame it for display in my classroom. That chipboard apple started out as a chipboard leaf. I used my scissors to handcut the "point" of the leaf off and reshape it to look like an apple. The patterned papers came from a small 4 X 4 pack of paper that I got somewhere in a swap or a sale. The alphabet letters are some REALLY old stickers that I've had hanging around for quite a while. About the only "new" thing that I used was the stamp that created the journaling lines.

Now for the surprise.....

You've seen me posting about Challenge Masters for a little while now. I discovered them during one of my scrapping "slumps" and I've been joining in on their fun for a couple of months. Well, imagine my surprise a week or so back when I got a message from Terri, one of the Challenge Masters moderators, asking me if I would consider joining in the group this spring as a "Diva"!

I'll be helping to post some of the challenges and other fun activities. I'm so excited and flattered that they would consider me good enough to be inspirational. Expect to hear more about all of the fun that we are having over there. Sure hope that some of you can join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment