Isn't that adorable???? (If I do say so myself.....)
Friday, April 30, 2010
Isn't that adorable???? (If I do say so myself.....)
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
The last challenge posted on the blog asked us to look at our world from a different angle. When I read this, I knew EXACTLY what I wanted a photo of- all of the students rushing through the hallways at school, BUT, I didn't want their faces; I wanted a shot of their feet in motion.
You should have heard the comments: "Why is Mrs. Baker in the floor?", "Why are you taking a picture of our feet?", and even, "Did you drop your camera?" Regardless of how silly I looked, I kept right on snapping and I think that I got a really good pic!
Next was the title: Ask any teacher what middle school lis like two weeks before state mandated testing and you will likely get an answer similar to the title of my layout.
My journaling reads:
Monday, April 26, 2010
1. I have blurred the faces of any of the students in the pics other than my own child. I didn't know if they would want their face posted online or not. I figure you can still see the basic page anyway.
2. These are very SIMPLE pages, but they are done. I'm doing a little project at school where I'm going to be assisting some brand new scrapbooking adults create a special album for someone. My plan of attack is to take 3 or 4 sketches with me and show them how they can use the sketch and create different looks, simply by rotating it. These are 2 of my "Sample" pages. I used the same basic sketch, but I rotated one of the pages and turned it into a 2 page spread.
This page has some pics that I just came across from my daughter's 5th grade dance. These kids are now in my 8th grade class! I'm going to have to take this page to school to show it to some of them.
This 2 page spread has pics from my daughter's Christmas play this year. That's her on the end with the "black eye". She was playing Grandma, who had gotten run over by Santa's reindeer. The play was SO FUNNY!
Well, let's see what the grand total is: 4 scrapbook pages and 3 cards. That means I need to get just 5 more pages done and I can go shopping to spend that first $20, if I would like. Then again, I may just hold out until I hit the $40 mark....LOL!
Sunday, April 25, 2010
I won't post the pics on here too, because I know that some of you go to my stamping blog too. If you don't have the link to it, here it is: My Stamp on the World
I LOVE the cards that I have designed so be sure to go check them out and leave me a comment or two.
NOW.......I've gotten some questions about my GOAL and RULES, so I'm going to try to answer them.
1. What counts?- It's really up to you. If you do a lot of mini albums or altering projects, then count those. If you do strictly scrapbook pages, then count those. The whole goal is to USE, USE, USE those supplies.
2. What about basics?- I allow myself to purchase adhesives, necessary tools, and basic cardstock without penalty. After all, those are necessary to continue creating, right? For example, my paper piercer has disappeared. I use it a lot to make holes for my brads and things, but somehow it has just walked away. I am definitely going to have to replace it....and soon....
I've heard from several of you that you are joining in on my "Supply Use Program" and I am thrilled! The more of us that support each other, the more likely that we will actually make some progress!
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Those two lovely people are my parents. It's really hard to get a photo of the two of them together, primarily because, even at their age, they don't slow down very much!
The journaling reads:
The two of you really inspire me.
I know that your almost 50 years
of married life
haven't been easy.
Working 2 jobs,
Accidents and medical emergencies,
and raising 3 kids.
But through it all, you've managed to survive...
It gives me hope that my own family can endure
no matter what life throws at us.
I believe we can stand
the Test of Time.
I'm really glad that I have this photo, really glad that I documented my thoughts, and also glad that I have finished one page toward my scrapbooking goal!
Sunday, April 18, 2010
1. I must complete 12 pages (12X12) in order to earn the right to spend $20 on scrapbooking materials.
2. Basics like adhesives are not included in the $20; I can purchase those as they are needed.
3. A card counts as being equal to a 12X12 scrapbook page. (I always use layers and card fronts and backs, so I pretty much use 1 page of paper on a card anyway.)
4. Larger projects such as mini albums, etc. can count as more than one page, but I have to consult with my 2 teenage "mathematicians" in order to get a good estimate of just how many pages each project counts as....LOL!
(I should add here that I went to Big Lots today with my mom and I was a very good girl.....NOT ONE scrapbook purchase, though they did have some cute stuff. I just kept thinking to myself....12 pages girl, 12 pages!
It is my hope that this blog will help provide me with some public accountability. Maybe if I have to admit publically that I'm purchasing more and using less that will help push me to create and use my stash a bit more.
My plan is to set myself a goal: Scrapbook or craft "x" number of items or pages before I allow myself to purchase more. I haven't quite decided what that particular number is, but I'm happy to take suggestions. I'll post the finished projects here so that people can give me that pat on the back for using my old stuff and I, hopefully, will be encouraged to stick with it.
I LOVE Scrapbooking and crafting. (Just ask my sweet hubby and kids where I disappear to....It's always MY room.) It provides me therapy and an escape from the drudgeries of everyday life, BUT lately I'm feeling guilty about the money that is just lieing around on shelves and in boxes in my room. If I can start using some of it, I think my BLISS in my hobby will be restored.
Before I leave, I would like to issue an invitation to all of you out there who, like me, find themselves with a nice inventory of papers and scrapbooking supplies, but little productivity. Feel free to join in with me. Just post your goal here on this thread. Maybe we can encourage each other.