Friday, January 28, 2011

I splurged.....

Keenan and I went to Lexington last Sunday. While we were there we went by Half Price Books. I picked up two books from the scrapbooking section: The Amazing Page and Making the Most of Your Scrapbook Supplies. I didn't feel too badly about the purchase, since the two books only cost me about $15, at least half of what they would have cost new.

It makes me feel even better when the purchase inspires me. I took a layout from page 73 of The Amazing Page and used it to help me create this layout:



The title came from a challenge over at Challenge Masters. They posted the lyrics to "Fame", a song from a show that I must confessed I watched while it was on television. Anyway, we were to select a portion of the lyrics and use them as the title of our layout. The words, "You Ain't Seen the Best of Me Yet" just seemed to fit this layout. The papers are some leftovers from my Washington D.C. album that I created a few years back. I was searching for just the right papers when I came across a stash of about 15 pages of paper that I had used in my album. OOPS! forgot there was any paper in that bag. Oh well, it came in handy!

AND..... if you look at my layout counter, you will notice that this is layout number 9 for January! I really think I will try to get just one more layout finished before the end of the month. TEN seems like a nice round number!

1 comment:

  1. Stella this is FABULOUS!!! and YEAH for so many LOs getting done! and YEAH for half price books! (we love them!)
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete