Thursday, February 10, 2011

It's COLD Here!!!

We got more snow last night and the temps dropped down into the single digits. It's supposed to get back into the single digits again tonight.... BRRRR.....

Luckily I was tucked up, nice and warm, here at home... Scrapbooking!

One page that I finished today seemed to fit in naturally with the weather.



Can't you just feel how cold it was??? When Kari looked at the photo she said, "Mom, I look PURPLE!" While some of that can probably be blamed on the quality of the photo, part of it is because it was simply COLD that day!!

As for the layout, see those clear letters? Those were cut from TRASH! Yep! Trash! I had a package of Spellbinders dies that I had not opened. As I was flipping through some things I came across the package. The plastic that the dies were encased in was nice and sturdy. Hmm... I thought.... I can cut clear letters from that! I cut out the front and back of the package so that I had 2 flat sheets of plastic. I attached it to my Cricut mat using tape around the edges of the sheet and loaded my deep cut blade. Seconds later I had my letters AND a couple of snowflakes. Some white paint around the edges and a little bit of Stickles to make it sparkle and voila! a lovely, cold wintery page.

No comments:

Post a Comment