Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Nimble Fingers.....

Snow continues to fall outside, so I can't really go anywhere. No school, no shopping, .....

I am taking advantage of this opportunity to get some crafting done. I'm also working on keeping a promise that I made a few years back.

Before Glenn and I got married, I cross stitched him a Christmas stocking. Each year, that stocking has a place of honor on our mantle. A few years back I promised the kids that I would make them one too. I got Kari's cross stitched a year or two ago, but I refuse to assemble the stocking until I finish Keenan's.

I am working diligently to try to get his stocking cross stitched this year. If it keeps snowing, and I'm pretty sure I will get it done. I cross stitch while there is daylight so that my "older" eyes can see the tiny little squares on the cross stitch fabric, and I allow myself scrapbooking time while the light isn't so good.

Speaking of scrapbooking, I've noticed that my layouts are a bit more "simple" than they used to be. I think it's my way of getting the layouts finished without worrying so much about creating works of art....



This was the first time in AGES that I have used stickers on a layout! Those little cupcakes came from the Target dollar bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment