Tuesday, May 3, 2011

If you can read this.......

Thank a teacher....

You may not know that this week is Teacher's Appreciation Week. Now I know that I'm a bit biased, being a teacher myself, but I have to say that teachers are truly worthy of appreciation.

I am a teacher because I was inspired to be one. From the time that I started school all that I ever wanted to be was a teacher. I saw it as a profession in which I could help others develop their abilities, their confidence, and their intellect. If I am totally honest, I have to admit that there are days.... (more than I care to admit sometimes) when I wonder if I am truly doing any of my students any good. Then a student seeks me out, just to talk, just to spend some time with me, or sometimes on rare occasions, to tell me how much they enjoyed something that we did in class. It is THOSE days that make me feel appreciated.

If you have a child whose teacher goes above and beyond the call of duty.... If you are a parent of a child who has had a teacher who did some little something to make school better for that child.... or if you just know a teacher who could use a little boost....... Please take some time this week, just to say, "Thank you. You really are appreciated!" Trust me..... it will make his or her day!

No comments:

Post a Comment