Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chopped Week Three

I've been participating in the "Chopped" Challenge over at Challenge Masters and this week, I think I created my new FAVORTIE layout!! Our recipe for this week was to use white, cardboard, and stitching. As soon as I saw the recipe I knew exactly which photo I wanted to use. I had a photo of sweet little Kari, back when she one and a half or two years old, all dressed in white, sitting on a white carousel horse. I also knew what technique I wanted to use. I took 4 or 5 different border punches and punches strips of white cardstock. Then I placed them on a sheet of vanilla cardstock and sewed each one down. Here's a closeup:



As for the cardboard, I used my Big Shot to die cut 3 small butterflies. Then I pulled off one layer, painted them white, and added some coarse glitter. Here's a look at them:



Before I show you the finished layout, I have to give some credit to my biggest inspiration. Several years ago I started scrapping with some wonderful gals over at Scrappin Mojo. It was there that I met Niki Willaert. I immediately felt myself drawn to her feminine, nostalgic layouts and projects. I found myself oohing and aahing at everything she posted. The whole time that I was working on this layout I found myself thinking, "What would Niki do??" No joke.... I think I actually tried to channel her creativity into my work....LOL! I would love for you to get to see some of her work too. Visit her blog to see some of her beautiful inspiration! http://petalstopolkadots.blogspot.com/

Now for my finished layout.... Before I show it to you, let me say that it is much prettier in person.



This is truly my favorite layout, I think. I love the way all of the little touches blended together to create a frilly, lacy, girly page! Thanks Niki for your inspiration and Thanks Challenge Masters for the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment