Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another One Bites the Dust.....

Yes! I'm one page closer to that spending money!!!

Before I show the layout itself, I really need to give some background:

My daughter, Kari, is 12 and has been playing the guitar for a few years now. Recently, as I was looking through some photos, trying to figure out what to scrapbook I spotted a photo of her playing her guitar in a concert. It reminded me so much of a photo that my mom had, that I had to go borrow the photo and scrapbook the two, side by side.


I kept the page itself fairly simple, because I wanted the focus to be the two pictures. The guitar stamp on the bottom left is from a "Hannah Montana" set that I bought on sale at WalMart when Kari was going through her HM phase. (Alas, I must confess that this is the FIRST time I have actually used them.)
My favorite thing about the layout (other than the photos themselves) is the design in the middle. I created that with the EK Success "zipper" punch. I punched the edge of the red sheet and the edge of the blue sheet, then butted them up side by side to make it look like they were zipped together. (The punch was one of the LAST purchases that I allowed myself to make before beginning my challenge to use my stash, rather than buy new stuff. I can hardly wait to get some other of the new punches! Mental note to self............ MUST KEEP SCRAPPING!)

1 comment:

  1. This is an adorable layout.
    I have never seen a zipper punch.
    One more layout yeah you.

    ReplyDelete