Friday, July 4, 2014

Determination....

My goal for this summer is to finish my son's senior album. I suppose that it is about time.... after all, he will be a college junior in the fall... LOL!

I am having a lot of trouble with the pages because he selected the 8 1/2 X 11 album size. He thought it would fit into bookshelves better.

Anyway, I have been scrapping 12 X 12 pages for years now and I love that size because it allows for so much more embellishment and detail.

I am down to the last few pages in the album and I find myself getting a bit uninspired.

My son also selected the colors and basic "style" that he wanted. He really likes the more earthy colors and the grungy type of look. (Believe it or not, he really likes Tim Holtz style.)



One of the things that I have done on every layout is use distress ink and/or glimmer mist to add that distressed or grunge look. On this particular page I used 2 different colors of glimmer mist. I also did some stamping.

See those little dots around the embellishment in the lower left and upper right corners? Those are actually tiny little flat beads that I painted with nail polish. I really wanted some enamel dots, but I have been trying to live up to my personal oath of not purchasing things if I already have something in my stash that will work. So.... instead of purchasing enamel dots I stuck these beads on a sheet of wax paper, painted them with nail polish, and allowed them to dry before pulling them up and adding them to the layout. Pretty good, don't you think? I am amazed at what a little determination can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment