Thursday, November 24, 2011

Oh My Goodness!!!

I knew it had been a while since I had posted, but I didn't ealize it had been THAT long! Life has been keeping me VERY busy. A new school year with new common core standards and new literature has kept me hopping. I'm still working and reworking things to try to get a classroom routine that I really like. (Maybe I will get it all figured out before next year.)

I've also been busy crafting. About a month ago I decided that I wanted to try to make one of those cute winter caps that looks like an animal. (You know.... you see them EVERYWHERE in the stores.) I got online and searched for several patterns then tweaked them to create my own. The result was a maroon owl cap that I thought was kind of cute.



Kari wore the cap to school, several of the kids saw it, and the rest is history. As of today I have crocheted and sold at least 50 of these lovely hoot owls. I have also adapted the pattern and created puppy dogs, a Hello Kitty, and even a teenage mutant ninja turtle. I joke the kids that one day they will look back and remember the year that Mommy "made" their Christmas. It is really only a small bit of a joke. The money is really coming in handy to purchase things from the kids' wish lists!

All of that crocheting has kept me kind of busy though, so I haven't gotten to scrapbook in a VERY LONG time! It has been so long, as a matter of fact, that I can't even tell Glenn what type of scrap stuff I might enjoy getting for Christmas. That is saying a LOT! I've always been able to give him a very specific "what I would buy for myself" list and he usually gets whatever I've asked for.

Ths year I just can't seem to think of anything that I really NEED or even really WANT. Bless his heart, he keeps asking, but I just can't seem to come up with anything. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment