Saturday, April 6, 2013

Life is Fun

It is so often the "little things" that I remember..... the smile on my son's face when he just can't help but show his feelings, the touch of my husband's hand on mine, the way my daughter wears different colors of nail polish on each finger.

I think it is for this reason that I love scrapbooking. A single page can be my opportunity to document those little things and why they mean so much to me. Each page is a 12 by 12 freeze frame of my thoughts, my feelings, and my life.

Take for example, my latest page.....


I realize that my daughter won't be so carefree forever. As she continues to age, the weight of schoolwork, adulthood, and life's little problems will begin to weigh on her, just as they do on me. Yet she will always have this page documenting a time in her life when she could focus on just enjoying life and maybe being a little bit silly. Hopefully that will encourage her to continue to live her life with just a little bit of laughter and fun. Maybe I need to remember that too!

2 comments:

  1. Great layout. Love the photo. Every day snapshots of real life is what scrapbooking is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absorb all the little things that happen in my every day life.
    So nice that you have it documented :)

    ReplyDelete