Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Valentine's Day is Coming...

Christmas is barely behind us and now I need to get a start on Valentine's Day projects. Lucky for me that we had a crop at Scrappin' Mojo over the weekend!

I decided to get a jump start on some V-Day cards.

One challenge asked us to select a Pinterest project that inspired us and create our own card or layout based on it. I decided to make a Valentine card based on one made by Darlene over at Splitcoast Stampers. Here's my finished card:


I love the way the patterned paper peeks up though the the heart-shaped hole. This is one of the first times I have used Baker's twine too. I think I like it!

For my second Valentine's card I tried a different technique.


First I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the white paper. Then I colored the raised parts with my Prismacolor pencils. I used gamsol to soften the color a bit. I added some pearls on some of the flower centers, tied on ribbon and a couple of tags. I LOVE the look!

No comments:

Post a Comment